Shot Put Training Zone!
At M-F Athletic, we know the Shot Put!
Established by Bill Falk in 1960, M-F Athletic employs experts to answer your questions and help you select the right equipment. Rob Lasorsa is our shot put leading expert. Rob keeps the M-F Team apprised of the latest techniques, rules and equipment.
Our goal is to help you become a better coach, athlete, or team! Our pledge is to give you the finest service possible! The entire M-F Athletic team is standing by to answer your questions about shot put coaching, training and related equipment!
Featured Shot Put Training and Coaching Articles
• Basic Shot Put Technique (Shot Put Learn-By-Doing) – Mark Harsha
• Feet Alignment in the Power Position of the Shot Put – Gary Aldrich
• Glide Shot Put Technique – Rob Lasorsa
• Middle School Shot – Virg Polak
• Proper Cleaning And Storage Of Throwing Implements – Rob Lasorsa
• Starting A New Program And Preparing For The Season by Jim Aiken, Burlington Central High School
• The Mental and Psychological Aspects of Throwing – Tony Dziepak, Track and Field Enthusiast
Shot Put Selection
Learn how to choose the right shot put! In this video, Rob Lasorsa from M-F Athletic and the National Throws Coaches Association explains the differences between sizes, textures, price, and other decision factors in order to choose the right shot.
Shot Put / Track & Field Camps and Clinics
Bill Falk's Throws School/Camp for athletes emphasizes fundamentals in small groups. The exceptional staff includes college coaches who are specialists in the shot put.
And coaches – don't miss the annual U.S. All-Star Track & Field and Cross Country Clinic featuring top shot put experts!
Shot Put Equipment